Introduction to Construction (Green CSCS)
Looking to build a career in construction? Explore the essential skills and knowledge needed to work safely with the opportunity to gain a fully funded CSCS card.
Rotherham, South Yorkshire & Nottingham
About this course
If you’re interested in a career in construction, this two-week course will cover three core areas, with practical hands-on brick laying and block paving tasks, health and safety training, and employability skills.
There is also the opportunity to apply for a fully funded CSCS card to enable you to work on UK construction sites, plus job interviews arranged with local employers.
Who this course is for
Applicants should be aged 19 and above, have been a resident in the UK for three years or more and currently unemployed and claiming benefits.
No previous qualifications are necessary but learners should be working to a minimum of entry level 3.
This specialism would suit candidates looking to work in construction roles such as site logistics
operatives, maintenance operatives, groundworkers and highways maintenance operatives.
You could also progress to further learning with our 7-week Multi-Trades in Construction course.
- Learn for free
Exclusively for unemployed or jobseekers
- 2-week training course in a classroom setting
Quality resources, PPE and first-class support provided
- Gain practical experience and invaluable skills
Increase your confidence and competence when applying for jobs
- Three nationally recognised qualifications
Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Construction, Level 1 Extended Certificate in Personal Development for Employability, and Level 1 Award in Health and Safety within a Construction Environment
- Job interviews with local employers arranged
- Fully funded CSCS card application included*
*To qualify for the CSCS card you must pass the Level 1 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment and undertake and pass the CSCS test.
- Basic bricklaying and block paving techniques
- How to mix mortar and cement
- Importance of wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Fire safety and asbestos awareness
- Appropriate interaction with colleagues of all experience
- CV writing and job search methods
- Rights and responsibilities at work
- To apply for the CSCS Card, you must pass the health and safety aspects of this course