Certificate Construction Multi-Trades
Learn more about working in three different construction trades – bricklaying, joinery, and painting and decorating – to see if any suit your skillset.
Rotherham, South Yorkshire & Nottingham
About this course
You may have been told it would be good to have a trade behind you. But which route should you choose?
This course focuses on three core areas of construction – bricklaying, joinery, and painting and decorating – the techniques and technology involved in each and the relevant health and safety practices.
Who this course is for
Applicants should be aged 19 and above, have been a resident in the UK for three years or more and currently unemployed and claiming benefits.
and hold a CSCS skills competency card.
No previous qualifications are necessary but learners should be working to a minimum of entry level 3.
You could also progress to further learning via an apprenticeship or NVQs.
- Learn for free
Exclusively for unemployed or jobseekers
- 6-week course in a classroom setting
Quality resources provided
- First-class support
Experienced tutor guiding you through the process face-to-face
- Gain invaluable skills
Increase your confidence and competence when applying for jobs
- Nationally recognised accredited course
- Building brick and block walls
- Creating cavity walling
- Setting out and building masonry structures
- Constructing wood working joints
- Fitting architrave and skirting
- Substrate preparation
- Applying paint, foundation and plain papers, and decorative wallpaper
- Health, safety and welfare; technical information; construction technology; effective communication